In this post, I am going to weigh up the progress I made during Sprint 1 against the two SMART goals that I have established for myself for the entire project. I will assess the work I did during this sprint to see how far I met each of these goals.
To develop proficiency in Unreal Engine by designing and building a working prototype of a game over a period of three months.
I have begun to make progress with visual scripting using a combination of two tutorials – one on Visual Scripting in Unreal Engine and another in making an RPG in Unreal Engine. I am finding it very intuitive and I feel more confident that I will be able to create a working game prototype without writing code. I have also learnt about importing models, replacing models with other models, importing animation and building a UI.
To improve my 3D art skills within Blender by using the application to model, rig, texture and animate assets for a game over a period of three months.
This goal has not been addressed as I have not got to the stage of modelling characters, environments or in-game items. I do not envisage that I will get to do this for another few sprints.