The second sprint has now started. I am starting to consider that sticking to 3 tasks only in a sprint is too stringent for this project and will probably slow down progress unnecessarily, so I have decided to increase the limit to 4 tasks now to see how I get on with this. If I find 4 tasks to be manageable, I will continue to work with this, otherwise I will reduce the limit back to 3 at the beginning of the next sprint.
Tasks completed during last sprint
- Designing game mechanics
Tasks being carried over to this sprint from last sprint
- Building RPG mechanics
Tasks being brought into this sprint from the product backlog
- Writing a quest
- Animal form specifications
Tasks that have been put on hold
Tasks that have been newly added to the product backlog
- Character modelling – Púca
- Character modelling – Villagers
- Shapeshifting mechanic
- Game title font
- Implementing quest
I will be continuing the process of building an RPG framework using Unreal Engine, as well as refining the story. Now that I have worked out the mechanics of the game, I will aim to modify the framework I have created in Unreal Engine to reflect this. I will also write a quest that I will create for the game prototype in order demonstrate these mechanics. I am also going to start considering the various forms the Púca can take and how this ties into the game mechanics and narrative.